Founded in 1992, the Maryland Business Roundtable for Education (MBRT) is a coalition of leading employers that have made a long-term commitment to support education reform and improve student achievement in Maryland. Our mission is to mobilize business and employers to play an active role in supporting education excellence, high standards, rigorous assessments and strong accountability in preK-12 education, and in demonstrating the connection between achievement in school and success in the workplace, in college and in life.
Reporting to the Director of Programs, the Program Manager will be responsible for the implementation, daily operation and growth of MBRT programs throughout the state. The Program Manager is responsible for maintaining and expanding existing system, school, volunteers and partner relationships. Assures program quality, strong school relations and partner retention/growth. Increases public awareness of all programs and acts as primary liaison with the school administration, teachers and volunteers.
- Manages the implementation and quality of all MBRT programs throughout the state.
- Coordinates and conducts educator training and provides technical support; identifies and pursues opportunities for program expansion; assures that program meets targeted budget and student outreach goals and implements contingency plans for any shortfalls
- Leads volunteer recruitment, training and retention for MBRT programs
- Implements in-person and online volunteer training programs and develops additional digital and printed orientation materials and resources
- Assists educators, volunteers and employers with program coordination and implementation to ensure a quality experience for all stakeholders
- Implements process for partner/volunteer engagement throughout the state, which includes phone calls, presentations, meetings, social media and follow-up
- Maintains and develops appropriate collaborative relationships with community organizations to strengthen program outreach and impact; pursues opportunities to expand MBRT’s visibility, reach and impact
- Ensures that grant reporting requirements related to MBRT programming are met in a meaningful, accurate and timely fashion
- Supports development and implementation of recognition initiatives for students, teachers and volunteers, including special communication campaigns, events and awards
- Works collaboratively with the Director of Programs to develop, implement and manage outcomes and evaluation with a focus on data desired by key stakeholders
- Assists in budget development for programs and outreach in region and related activities, e.g. volunteer orientation, recognition events, etc.
- Bachelor’s Degree, Master’s preferred
- 5-7 years of work experience in business, non-profit or education field
- Strong interpersonal/written communication, organizational/planning and presentation skills
- Self-motivated, dependable and driven
- Demonstrated track record of networking and outreach skills
- Proven use of technology platforms for training and communication
- Current or previous involvement in community and education organizations, committees or boards
- Ability to work some evenings and weekends
- Regular state-wide travel
Approximate Salary Range: $65,000 – 72,000/year (contingent upon available grant funding and board of director approval)
Start Date: June 2016
Contact: Send cover letter and resume to Nona Carroll at email@example.com by May 6, 2016.
MBRT offers competitive wages, excellent health benefits including medical, dental, vision, paid time off, 401K retirement plan and flexible spending accounts.